Re: Corrupted Table

From: "Bryan White" <bryan(at)arcamax(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Corrupted Table
Date: 2000-07-31 21:37:19
Lists: pgsql-general

> Shut down the postmaster and then copy the entire db (including pg_log
> file) and it should work. The catch is to make sure pg_log is in sync
> with your table files.

I would rather not leave my database down long enough to copy the entire db
(3.5GB). I have control over when changes are applied to this table. If I
restart the database and make certain no updates/inserts/deletes occur then
will all info be flushed from the pg_log file? If not, how about if I first
vacuum the table?