Create View failing

From: "Bryan White" <bryan(at)arcamax(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Create View failing
Date: 2000-11-28 20:34:35
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to play with views. Every time I try to create one I get a
message like this:

ERROR: pg_atoi: error reading "3642040800": Numerical result out of range

The reported number is incremented by a small amount each time. Here is the
create statement:

create view ordertotals as select * from orders;

The orignal statement was more complex (and useful) but I simplified it to
try and narrow down the problem. I always get the same error message.

Here is the definition of the 'orders' table.
ec=# \d orders
Table "orders"
Attribute | Type | Modifier
----------------+---------------+------------------------------
orderid | integer | not null
custid | integer | not null
employee | text | not null default ''
date | date | not null default date(now())
leadsource | text | not null default ''
ordersource | text | not null default ''
paymenttype | text | not null default ''
paymentinfo | text | not null default ''
paymentexpdate | text | not null default ''
paymentstatus | text | not null default ''
tax | numeric(9,2) | not null default 0
shipping | numeric(9,2) | not null default 0
shipmethod | text | not null default ''
note | text | not null default ''
shipdate | date |
camptail | text | not null default ''
company | text | not null default ''
title | text | not null default ''
lname | text | not null default ''
fname | text | not null default ''
addr1 | text | not null default ''
addr2 | text | not null default ''
city | text | not null default ''
state | text | not null default ''
zip | text | not null default ''
country | text | not null default ''
phone | text | not null default ''
batchid | text | not null default ''
paydate | date |
shipemp | text |
couponid | integer |
couponamt | numeric(10,2) | default '0.00'
Indices: iordcus3,
iorddate3,
iordid3,
iordldsrc3

Bryan White, ArcaMax.com, VP of Technology
You can't deny that it is not impossible, can you.