pg_dump doesn't save correct the sequences

From: "Andrei Bintintan" <klodoma(at)ar-sd(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump doesn't save correct the sequences
Date: 2004-10-28 05:50:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi to all,

I try to dump a database from a 7.4.2 postgre system and to import it on a 7.3.2. system, but I have a problem with the sequences in the dump.

This is a seq example:

CREATE SEQUENCE test_id_seq
INCREMENT BY 1
NO MAXVALUE
NO MINVALUE
CACHE 1;

This gives me an error when restoring on the 7.3 machine.

If I modify this sequence this way I can put the dump to the 7.3.2 machine:

CREATE SEQUENCE test_id_seq
START 1
INCREMENT 1
MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807
MINVALUE 1
CACHE 1;

I don't know what happened, because last week I also put a dump from 7.4 to 7.3 without any problems.
A coelege from me made an application and some modifications in the 7.4 database system, now I see that in every database there are these tables that weren't before: sql_features, sql_implementation_info, sql_languages, sql_packages, sql_sizing, sql_sizing_profiles.

Please advice.

Thanx.
Andy.