Re: Type mismatch problem

From: Michael Rowan <mike(dot)rowan(at)internode(dot)on(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Type mismatch problem
Date: 2012-02-06 23:13:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks Tom

Understood re error messages.

Tried (partial select):

SELECT sum(CASE WHEN type=1 THEN cost*soldqty ELSE 0 END) AS type1sales::numeric(9,2), etc etc

which caused an "ERROR syntax error at or near ::"

whereas:

SELECT sum(CASE WHEN type=1 THEN cost*soldqty ELSE 0 END) AS type1sales, etc etc

works.

I can round the resulting data later, but it would be nice to do it with the elegance PostgreSQL provides if one knows how.

Mike

On 07/02/2012, at 3:01 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> 92::

Michael Rowan
mike(dot)rowan(at)internode(dot)on(dot)net

11 Kingscote Street
ALBERTON
South Australia 5014

tel 618 8240 3993