Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Yoshiyuki Asaba" <y-asaba(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Date: 2006-12-20 01:20:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Asaba-san.

From: "Yoshiyuki Asaba"

> Is it able to use fsetpos()/fgetpos() instead of ftell()/fseek()?
> fpos_t is a 8byte type. I tested pg_dump/pg_restore with the attached
> patch.

I'm sorry the response ..slowly...my machine reacts for the reasons of
poverty late. Last night.. I was actually looking at your proposal.
I was trying correcting by another point. It also saw one solution.
I think content that your proposal also contributes enough.
However, I think there is worry that Magnus-san means, too.

There are your proposal, a proposal of Andreas-san, and my
proposal now. Surely, I think that it offers Magnus-san again after
arranging these by a good solution.:-)

P.S)
I understand, your a lot time be spent on this work.
patch-test-check-patch-test-check....
Oh..., It takes large amount of time to big data...

Anyway, thanks!!:-)

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito