getting result information of DECLARE CURSOR statement

From: "Yusron Hilmy" <yusron(at)ebdesk(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: getting result information of DECLARE CURSOR statement
Date: 2001-08-09 02:17:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am a new member of this list. I have some problem with postgres CURSOR
(related to libpq).
I have created a CURSOR with :
PQexec(conn, "DECLARE mycursor CURSOR FOR SELECT * from test");

How I can get how many tuples the result are without I have to fetch all its
result (I use FETCH NEXT instead of FETCH ALL) ?

Thank you for your help

Yusron