DISPLAYING BLOBS/images/text

From: "Martin Wong" <martin(at)minook(dot)com(dot)sg>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: DISPLAYING BLOBS/images/text
Date: 1999-01-22 12:02:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear all,

I have a pgsql database table packed with images and another one packed with
text files, all blobs. I have a script in perl which first extracts the
images/text via the lo_export into a temp directory on my server and then
it'll display the contents of the file on an HTML page passing HTML headers
inbetween.

it seems to work fine but it is an extra overhead when it creates a tmp
file. How can this be cached? Or can it be directed directly to the web page
instead of having to go through another step of createing a temp file.

What do you all say?

Thanks