Postmaster keeps dumping core with signal 11

From: "Vincent Hikida" <vhikida(at)inreach(dot)com>
To: "pgsql cygwin" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postmaster keeps dumping core with signal 11
Date: 2003-04-22 16:38:13
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Sorry for the duplicate posting but I am still having the same problem that
I did several days ago. Postmaster keeps on shutting down with a signal 11.

I installed cygwin using setup 2.340.2.5. In addition to the defaults I
installed cygrunsrv .95-1 and PostgreSQL 7.3.2-1. I then installed
cygipc-1.13.

I did the following

ipc-daemon&
initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
/usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

I tried to do the following that I found in a couple of different docs on
the net.
createdb test
psql template1

They both caused "terminated by signal 11 - segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have a Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 using 248 MB of RAM

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Vincent