pattern matching

From: "Alan Nilsson" <anilsson(at)apple(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pattern matching
Date: 2001-01-10 03:21:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am trying to search for text(varchar) using the ILIKE operator, however I always get a parser error. Similarly the ~~* operator does not work. (actually, doesn't exist)

Can anyone tell me whether this feature is implemented yet or not.

If not, is there an easy way to perform case-insensitive 'LIKE' search's?
Alan Nilsson
anilsson(at)apple(dot)com
How hard can it be?