BLOBs

From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BLOBs
Date: 2002-08-15 17:41:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have always been advised that storing BLOBs in a database (any DBMS) creates too much of a problem (i.e. query time).
The recent thread pg_restore problem has me believing otherwise.
I have long been considering this for my current application, but have been fearful of implementing it.

Is there anyone using BLOBs that is having a problem with access times? Or is storing BLOBs in a DB a good idea?

TIA
Chad

  • Re: BLOBs at 2002-08-15 23:27:10 from Warwick Hunter