Re: Large Objects...ODBC/VB6/ADO...& PostgreSQL

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
To: "Sanjay Arora" <sk(at)pobox(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Large Objects...ODBC/VB6/ADO...& PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-11-27 15:09:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

First, try upgrading to ADO 2.5 There was an error like that for MS SQL
that was fixed in the 2.5 version.

Also, why are you using JET? You should use the OLE DB provider for ODBC.
By using JET, you are adding another level of abstraction that you don't
need.

As for using Shpe, I never have, so I can't help much there, but what I
would recommend then is trying your code without shape and see if you still
get connection problems. That way you can see if it is shape or not that is
causing it.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company