Re: Intermittent Postgres Connection refused Errors (JDBC)

From: "'Srinivas Kotapally'" <ksrinivas(at)bisil(dot)com>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Intermittent Postgres Connection refused Errors (JDBC)
Date: 2007-05-02 02:12:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom

I installed CentOS 4.4 final late last year. The kernel version was the latest
about a year back. I have been running yum updates and applying patches
regularly. Can you give me any ideas on how to troubleshoot (and establish that
this issue is due to a kernel bug) the kernel packet drops? I am beginning to
think it is a firewall related issue. But I have been unable to replicate the
issue!

I have been monitoring the firewall logs (could not find much there). Maybe I
will also sifting through the messages log on the servers.

Will post if I find anything!

Thanks

Srini