Re: real beginner's questions

From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: <Kevin_Walsh(at)deichmann(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: real beginner's questions
Date: 2002-09-11 14:35:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

Welcome to postgres :-)

I am using postgres on redhat (it was a breeze to install), but if youre not
up for that running with CYGWIN is a posibility.
This is a tutorial
http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp

I connect with PGADMIN II over ODBC which is extreemly easy to setup and
configure. But once ODBC is installed (odbc.postgresql.org) the world is
your oyster. You can connect with MS Access or Delphi or what ever it is
you feel comfortable using.

Hope this helps
Chad