Problem accessim postgreSQL 6.3 in a win95 machine via ODBC

From: "edilson" <edilson(at)hrcnet(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem accessim postgreSQL 6.3 in a win95 machine via ODBC
Date: 1999-01-29 23:58:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all !
I'm from Brazil, so sorry for my bad english!!

My Problem: I have installed Postgresql on LINUX and PostODBC from Insight version 6.40.0003 on I386 (Win95). I `ve build a connection, so I can acces from Win 95 to the SQL database server, but:I can only read data from databases, and when I would like to update a table, or include a register to a table, I get an error message: ODBC FAILED !Connection is readonly..
But when i try to change the table (insert a new field, for example) I did not have problems.When I try to use Linux client, all operations works fine. (pgaccess, psql)So is there any configuration file, where I can tell the system the permission ?
Or is there anything else to do ?
Thanks.
Edilson Carlos Belluomini
edilson(at)hrcnet(dot)com(dot)br