Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

From: "Aldrin Leal" <aldrin(at)americasnet(dot)com>
To: "Stephane Dupille" <sdupille(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres
Date: 1998-09-11 14:54:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

> When I try to access the database with 50 simultaneous connections,
>the database crash, when I use the -o-F option for postmaster, and
>doesn't crash if I do not use it.

I suggest you to reduce the load postgresql receives. A trick is to use
FastCGI, turning cgi sessions into full-time data servers. Open
http://www.fastcgi.com/ and take a look (there´s another url, but i can´t
remember, i think it´s fastcgi.idle.com, check it out, please :])

done. Aldrin Leal <aldrin(at)americasnet(dot)com>