Rule "Delete"

From: "Francois TETE" <francois(dot)tete(at)supranets(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Rule "Delete"
Date: 1998-06-16 09:02:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Has anybody tried to use delete-rules with PostgreSQL 6.3 ?

I have a table named "ifTable" with columns "id" and "ifType" with an index
on "id".
and a table named "profilTable" with column "id" and some other columns.

Each time I insert a row in profilTable I want to insert a row in ifTable,
so
I created a rule :
create rule r1 as on insert to profilTable do insert into ifTable values
(new.id, 'profil');

I would like to automatically remove this entry in iftable when I delete the
corresponding row in profilTable, but my rule does not work (nothings
happens and/or
the backend crashes after displaying : "copyObject : don't know how to copy
XXX" ) :
create rule r2 as on delete to profilTable do delete from ifTable where
id=current.id;

Could anybody help me ?

---
François TETE
SupraNETS
25 rue des Bas - 92600 Asnières - FRANCE
Mail : francois(dot)tete(at)supranets(dot)com
Phone: +33 1 46 88 09 69
Fax : +33 1 47 90 65 56