PostgresSQL 6.2.1 with PostODBC 0.21/0.35

From: "Daniel Albeseder" <da(at)teleweb(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgresSQL 6.2.1 with PostODBC 0.21/0.35
Date: 1998-03-19 10:04:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi!

I have trouble to get this combination working. I run PostgresSQL 6.2.1 on a
Linux 2.0.33 machine, under Port 5432. At Win95 oder WinNT 4.0 I installed
PostODBC, but I am not able to connect to the database. After running
tcpdump at the LinuxBox I know, that no connection ist established, because
no connetion to 5432 is made.

When I try to connect with a ODBC Test util, I always get:

SQLDriverConnect returned: SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND=100

What does it mean?

So I tried to connect truh Access 7.0 and Access 97, but both with the same
result. It says, that it cannot connect to the database, or no error occurs,
but even nothing happend. The ODBC-Log doesnt work (did it ever?) und I
configured the pg_hba.conf manually, so that every IP at 192.168.1.x is
allowed and trusted.

Has someone any idea, whats wrong, or how I can find out, where the fault
is?

cu
Daniel