Re: Re: What's the best front end/client under MS Windows?

From: "Gregory Wood" <gregw(at)com-stock(dot)com>
To: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: What's the best front end/client under MS Windows?
Date: 2001-05-15 17:51:23
Lists: pgsql-general

> Then, I just have a telnet/ssh/etc session on the server running :

> Would this be useful to you?

Seem just as easy to run psql to me. In fact a bit easier as I don't have to
switch back and forth between windows.

I guess it goes back to the days when I was first learning SQL on a MySQL
web database... I didn't have telnet access so I had to do everything via
PHP or their WebAdmin tool (which used... PHP). So anytime I see something
that requires some sort of shell access I don't like it. EXPLAIN is one of
those things.

Greg