Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms

From: Hartmut Holzgraefe <hartmut(dot)holzgraefe(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms
Date: 2018-05-02 14:48:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 02.05.2018 16:22, Tom Lane wrote:
> (-D? really?)

it's worse ... "cmake -L" only produces a alphabetically sorted list
of known -D settings, just listing the names without description.

That's so far behind from what

./configure --help

produces.

(And don't get me started on cmake-gui. One day I may even eventually
complete my "autotools-gui" ... https://github.com/hholzgra/autogui )

But at least on most Linux distributions TAB completion now works for
CMake -D options these days ...

--
hartmut