Re: Query plan - now what?

From: David Shadovitz <david(at)shadovitz(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Query plan - now what?
Date: 2003-12-12 15:46:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

> This is not very informative when you didn't show us the query nor
> the table schemas..

> BTW, what did you do with this, print and OCR it?

Tom,

I work in a classified environment, so I had to sanitize the query plan, print
it, and OCR it. I spent a lot of time fixing typos, but I guess at midnight my
eyes missed some. This hassle is why I posted neither the query nor the
schema. The database is normalized, though, but my use of animal names of
couse masks this.

If you think that you or anyone else would invest the time, I could post more
info.

I will also try Shridhar's suggestions on statistics_target and
enable_hash_join.

Thanks.
-David