Re: How can i set several databases using Win ODBC

From: Corey Gibbs <cgibbs(at)westmarkproducts(dot)com>
To: "'Nicolas Briones'" <nbr(at)designers(dot)cl>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can i set several databases using Win ODBC
Date: 2002-08-29 19:09:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Howdy Nicholas,

Check into DSNless connections.

Once the driver is installed, you can refer to it in your program

dim cn as ADODB.Connection
dim rs as ADODB.Recordset

cn.Open "Driver={PostgreSQL};Server=server4;Port=5432;Database=foobar;Uid=postgres;"

at that point you can point to another database besides foobar

Once the driver's been installed and registered on teh workstation, this method will work.

hope it helps
corey