Re: ODBC driver causes VB to crash

From: Corey Gibbs <cgibbs(at)westmarkproducts(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC driver causes VB to crash
Date: 2002-08-07 22:01:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

the PGAdmin theory wasn't it. But, what i did find was if i did
rs.Open"SELECT field1,field2,..." instead of "SELECT * ..." it worked.

I've run into the * problem with other tables before, but those tables had
like 40 columns with real long column names. This table only had 8 columns
with modertly short column names.

So, four hours later...
I did find out it was a VB problem, my PG server was passing all requested
data back, but VB was choking on it (imagine that)

thanks for feedback, i think i've earned that new workstation ;)

corey

On Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:51 AM, Dave Page