Re: ODBC driver causes VB to crash

From: Corey Gibbs <cgibbs(at)westmarkproducts(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC driver causes VB to crash
Date: 2002-08-07 19:57:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hey Dave,
Ok i reinstalled the MDAC, and the same thing happened in a different
application. Here's what seemed to cause it. I think it's limited to VB6,
i have not tried this on a production database/program yet.

I close VB6
I Open PGAdmin-2 (the stable release)
I modify the table in some way with PGA-2 in both of my cases it was to add
a column, the other was to rename a column
save the changes
open VB6 and try to run the rs.open"hodeyhodeyhodeyho" (sorry, listening to
cab calloway right now ;)) line i get the same access violation.
So, i go drop the table, and recreate it in PGAdmin-2 and viola it runs
fine.

Weird eh?

Is there any information I can provide to the developers that would help?

thank you
corey

On Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:51 AM, Dave Page