ODBC driver causes VB to crash

From: Corey Gibbs <cgibbs(at)westmarkproducts(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC driver causes VB to crash
Date: 2002-08-06 17:23:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Howdy everyone,

I'm getting this weird error with PostgreSQL odbc version 7.02.00.01 and
visual basic. I've had good luck with this DLL and VB6 in the past.
I swear, all i did was save the project in VB:) (no, seriously) and when i
try to execute the line:
rs.Open "select * from custom_phases", cn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

I get an application error, details below:

First this pops up:
vb6.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x043dabb5" referenced memory at "0x7ffffffc". The
memory could not be read.

Which brings up the debugger, which tells me:
Unhandled exception in VB6.EXE(PSQLODBC.DLL) 0xC0000005 Access Violation

Then there's a whole bunch of garbage, with a little yellow arrow pointing
to this line:
043DABB5 mov byte ptr [edi+esi],0

think i just need to totally remove the PG odbc driver and reinstall? Or
do i need to tell my boss i need a new workstation? ;)

thanks in advance
corey