'ODBC call failed' a few seconds after Opening the table in Access

From: Manfred Kraft <mkr(at)alcedis(dot)de>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 'ODBC call failed' a few seconds after Opening the table in Access
Date: 2001-09-10 14:54:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

Does anybody else know that strange behaviour: In nearly each database I
have one or more tables, losing their ODBC-Connection after a specific time
ofter opening. All other tables of the same database are ok.

Deatils: e.g. there is one table I can be sure that some 3 to 10 seconds
after having opend its datasheet view in Access I get the "ODBC call
failed" message and the contents of all fileds change to #NAME? (that's in
the german version; I don't know whether it's the same Error-string in the
english one).

My first idea was, that is has to do with altered tables, but that's not
generally true.
Dumping and restoring the database doesn't solve the problem, whereas
recreating it with my own set of create-statements and afterwards inserting
the data does. But that's no praktical solution.

Thanks for helpful hints.

Manfred