RE: postgresql and msaccess

From: Michael Davis <mdavis(at)sevainc(dot)com>
To: "'DI Irina Hasenohrl'" <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: postgresql and msaccess
Date: 2001-03-09 03:05:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

a. Use a stored procedure in PostgreSQL rather than a recordset in Access.

b. Link your PostgreSQL tables into your Access application and it should
work exactly the same as if the tables were local in Access. In other
words, you should not have to do anything special.

c. You need to tell Access to reload it's data. In the form you can press
the Shift F9 key. This will tell Access to re-query the records in the
form. You could add a button to your form that re-queries the form
(execute me.requery in Access when the button is pressed). The issue is
that both forms have opened a static cursor to the data and the cursor
needs to be refreshed in order to see any new records added by other forms
or processes.

I created web page that describes my experiences with getting Access to
work with PostgreSQL. It is www.sevainc.com/access. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Michael