Access and PsqLODBC

From: Charles Killmer <charlesk(at)netgaintechnology(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Access and PsqLODBC
Date: 2000-08-25 13:46:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have been getting an error. I have a Microsoft Access 97 database with some tables linked to a postgresql 6.5 database on a linux server. Sometimes while inserting into the database (happens in different places on all tables). I have version 6.50.00.00 of the ODBC driver.

In the driver button on the configure for the ODBC I have checked (Disable genetic Optimizer, KSQO,Read Only)
Unknown Sizes: Maximum
Data Type Options: Text as LongVarChar, bools as char
Cache Size: 100
Max Varchar: 254
Max LongVarchar: 8190
SysTable Prefixes: dd_;

In the DataSource Button The only thing selected is Protocol 6.5/6.4

This is the sql to create the table
CREATE TABLE TBL_Ads (
AdID serial,
Company varchar(254),
ContactName varchar(254),
ContactPhone varchar(254),
ContactEmail varchar(254),
AdType varchar(254),
SiteLocation varchar(254),
StartDate date,
EndDate date,
WebSite varchar(254),
AdImageUrl varchar(254),
Keywords varchar(254),
Category varchar(254),
RecordID int4,
Enabled bool,
Psa bool,
Filler bool,
target varchar(30),
ban varchar(254)

);

create index tbl_ads_addtype on tbl_ads (adtype);

create index tbl_ads_sitelocation on tbl_ads (sitelocation);

create index tbl_ads_keywords on tbl_ads (keywords);

create index tbl_ads_startdate on tbl_ads (startdate);

create index tbl_ads_enddate on tbl_ads (enddate);

The only difference between these when I entered them was, I entered 5/5/2000 for the start date in the ones that were deleted. If you have seen this before or can shed any light on it I would appreciate it.

adid company contactname contactphone contactemail adtype sitelocation startdate enddate website adimageurl keywords recordid enabled psa filler target category ban
#Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted
164 4/4/00
#Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted
166 5/25/00
#Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted

Thank for any help.
Charles Killmer
NetGain Technology