RE: Dead Postmasters

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)ghs(dot)fr>
To: "'Len Morgan'" <len-morgan(at)crcom(dot)net>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Dead Postmasters
Date: 2000-04-22 21:46:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

What I always do is "ps -axf", which will display a "tree" of the processes : you'll know which ones are children of the others.
I don't know if the "dead" postmaster will be shown in a readable location... The problem seems to be somewhere else (kills/signals to the postmaster/backends, not correctly disconnected connections, etc)

Nicolas Huillard
G.H.S
Directeur Technique
Tél : +33 1 43 21 16 66