RE: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin connection error on NT and W98

From: Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard(at)ghs(dot)fr>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] pgAdmin connection error on NT and W98
Date: 1999-10-27 09:34:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I solved the NT problem by reinstalling MDAC, and just reopened the user session. I know I shouldn't use this server as a workstation, but sometimes, we don't decide...

I created the pgAdmin system tables. OK.
By now the resulting problem is the same under NT and W98 : the same error still occur, but only when I show the tables (menu Schema/Tables) or indexes (Schema/Indexes). Here is the log file :

The Migration error was about an OLE field in the Access database (s_Lineage). Which is converted in a blank field type. See the log file :

Then the last suggestion/question :
* I try to migrate replicated databases (with fields s_Generation, s_Lineage, and s_GUID),
* I don't want to migrate thoses system fields
* the s_Lineage OLE field is not correctly converted
--> could it be possible to migrate replicated databases ?
--> have you heard of people replicating data between Access and Postgres, using either a standard tool, pgAdmin, or VBA modules inside Access ?

TIA,

Nicolas Huillard
G.H.S
Directeur Technique
Tél : +33 1 43 21 16 66
Fax : +33 1 56 54 02 18
mailto:nhuillard(at)ghs(dot)fr
http://www.ghs.fr

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgAdmin - pb ODBC 2.log text/plain 1.7 KB
pgAdmin - pb migration.log text/plain 8.0 KB