Email system and PostgreSQL

From: "Natalya S(dot) Makushina" <mak(at)rtsoft(dot)msk(dot)ru>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Email system and PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-10-15 09:55:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all!

We have database of our clients on PostgreSQL and want to send email for
some extracts from this database. One extract is permanent list, others are
temporary ones.
If i try to send email using triggers, email sender adress is like as
"postgres(at)company(dot)domain" . It's not right.

Also we have a mailing list manager - Majordomo.
My questions are:
1. Does any way exist to synchronize permanent list and database? May be
using triggers.
2. Does any way exist to generate temporary list "on a fly" from database
and to send this list to Majordomo? For example sending subscribe or
unsubscribe email to Majorodomo.

Does anybody interest in disscussion of this problem?
Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated!

Best regards, Natalya Makushina.