ECPG and Table/Field name case sensitivity

From: "Dana L(dot) Hones" <honesd(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ECPG and Table/Field name case sensitivity
Date: 1999-09-30 21:53:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I have a PostgreSQL DB on Linux that I copied over from MS Access. Thus, I
have mixed case table and field names. I can access the database from PSQL
in the following manner:

select * from "Namelist" where "NameID" = 1234;

How may I accomplish the same thing while using ECPG under C? ECPG ignores
the quotes and converts the table and field names to lower case. I tried
editing the output "C" file from ECPG and now the C compiler complains
about the syntax.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DLH

Dana L. Hones