RE: [SQL] convert text to varchar

From: JT Kirkpatrick <jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com>
To: "'Herouth Maoz'" <herouth(at)oumail(dot)openu(dot)ac(dot)il>
Cc: "'pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [SQL] convert text to varchar
Date: 1999-05-03 17:38:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

it tells me that the types aren't the same if i do this. well, now that i
typed that i tried it again, and it worked. . . the first time i tried it,
(the two tables have the same field names and types with the exception of
this one field), i typed [insert into ap select * from ap3;] -- and it said
that the types were not the same. but just now i typed [insert into ap (.
. .all field names listed individually. . .) select {all field names listed
individually in the same order} from ap3], and it worked. must be some
limitation in the "select *" use. . .

thanks very much! oh by the way, i haven't seen a camel in at least 12
years either! (except on that perl book -- or is that a llama?). i briefly
looked at that site you recommended -- i think i could spend a while their
later.