RE: [INTERFACES] RE: libpq++ and gcc

From: Josh Friess <jjfriess(at)vicidesign(dot)com>
To: "'joris(dot)esch(at)esat(dot)kuleuven(dot)ac(dot)be'" <joris(dot)esch(at)esat(dot)kuleuven(dot)ac(dot)be>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] RE: libpq++ and gcc
Date: 1998-10-07 08:22:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi everyone,

I sent mail to these lists about a month ago, and got a few responses about
the same thing. Apparently my mail system was down, but now it's up again.

I have written several applications for use with postgres. All of them
compile; none of them link. They all raise undefined symbol errors during
the linking phase because I'm not linking properly with the libpq++
library.

I originally had installed postgres6.3.2 via an rpm from RedHat. Today I
downloaded the tar.gz'ed source and followed the installation instructions
exactly. I finished, and tried compiling/linking my code using the -lpq
and -lpq++ options, and neither of them worked.

I am a novice to g++. I know about 4 flags, and for the most part (until
now) I have gotten by fine. I really don't know how to configure this
properly. The documentation on libpq/++ is limited. Could someone please,
please help me? I have no idea where to go from here...

Josh Friess
Vici Design, LLC.
jjfriess(at)vicidesign(dot)com
http://www.vicidesign.com