Remote Connections via JDBC

From: Mark Britton <mbritton(at)gte(dot)net>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Remote Connections via JDBC
Date: 1998-07-01 06:30:17
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have another newbie question for the interface group:

I have postgreSQL running on a Linux box and am trying to connect to it from a Windows 95 client using JDBC.

I have the postgresql JDBC driver set up on the client, but can't figure out what the connect string should be to access the databases on the Linux server. I've scoured the postgresql docs for an example but haven't found anything. I'm using the JDBCTest1_03 test suite to test the connection.

The url I'm using is jdbc:postgresql:linux_server.template1 where linux_server is the host name for the Linux box. Is this right?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark Britton
mbritton(at)gte(dot)net
No matter where you go, there you are.