Re: [HACKERS] error messages not only English

From: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'mimo(at)interdata(dot)com(dot)pl'" <mimo(at)interdata(dot)com(dot)pl>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] error messages not only English
Date: 1998-05-22 12:45:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> That sounds like a good idea.
>
> How about having them stored in a new system table (say pg_errormsg) which
> contains each possible error in all the supported languages.

While this sounds good for end users, it is an absolute nightmare for somebody trying to
give support. Or what would you do if someone told you:
I get:
FEHLER: Des vastehts ihr nie, weu des Wiena Dialekt is.
and now my program won't respond anymore.

Anyway, we are still missing the first step in this direction: enumerate ERROR messages.

Andreas