Re: binary cursor returning truncated data

From: Eric Mauvière <e(dot)mauviere(at)geoclip(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: binary cursor returning truncated data
Date: 2006-04-18 08:44:21
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello Christopher,

i simply want to retrieve the content of a binary field in a Postgresql
table, and use that information in a PHP script.
That binary field contains binary information that must be read with PHP
binary functions (unpack).

The current way : POSTGRES cursor -> text version of the binary field in
PHP -> conversion back to a binary string with pg_unescape_bytea
is tedious and brings performance issues.

best regards,

Eric Mauvière