PostgreSQL Developer Job Opportunity - Full-time Boston, MA

From: "Courtney S(dot) Homer" <chomer(at)careerencore(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Developer Job Opportunity - Full-time Boston, MA
Date: 2010-11-12 22:36:59
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Our client, an interactive media ad agency, has exclusively engaged us to
help them hire a PostgreSQL Developer to join their Boston based team that
is dedicated to working on the company's proprietary digital campaign
management and optimization Business Intelligence platform. The PostgreSQL
Developer will be responsible for supporting the Custom Solutions Project
Manager in developing specific procedures for reporting and analytics within
their BI platform.

I've included the job description below. If you're interested in learning
more about the opportunity, please email your resume to
recruiter(at)careerencore(dot)com(dot) If this opportunity is not of interest at this
time, please feel welcome to pass it along.

Hopefully we can help find you or someone you know a new job!

Courtney Homer

DESCRIPTION

Duties and Responsibilities:

. Develop Postgres functions/procedures

. Create technical documentation for these procedures

. Work with the project manager in adapting solutions for new clients

. Work with report developers in providing data structures to work with
business intelligence platforms

Required experience and skills:

. Working knowledge of PostgreSQL

. Experience writing functions/procedures, including error handling and test
output

. Excellent Documentation skills

. Self-motivated

. Commitment to high quality, accuracy and attention to detail

. Excellent written and oral communication skills

Valued by not required experience and skills:

. Experience with PGAdmin

. Unix/Linux shell scripting

. Knowledge of BI/Reporting tools including Business Objects and
Microstrategy

. Statistical skills

. Knowledge of adserving technologies (DFA, Atlas)

. Knowledge of online advertising

Compensation: $60K base plus a 5% bonus

About CareerEncore (http://careerencore.com):

CareerEncore is a boutique recruiting firm that is driven by the passion to
provide exceptional talent to Boston area emerging tech companies and growth
opportunities. Our success comes from our dedication to building long-term
relationships with both our clients and candidates. CareerEncore's
commitment to understanding their true needs combined with our years in the
high-tech market uniquely enables us to successfully match talent with
opportunity.

Our goal is to provide you with the very best recruiting experience.

Courtney S. Homer

President & Principal Recruiter, CareerEncore, Inc.

Phone: (617) 242-4443

Email: <mailto:chomer(at)careerencore(dot)com> chomer(at)careerencore(dot)com
Web Site: <http://www.careerencore.com/> www.careerencore.com

Stay informed of Boston-area High-Tech job openings,
<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=CareerEncoreJobBoard&loc=e
n_US> subscribe to our job board

Company Media: <http://blog.careerencore.com/> Blog,
<http://www.facebook.com/CareerEncore> Facebook,