Re: SCSI disk: still the way to go?

From: "Ets ROLLAND" <ets(at)rolland-fr(dot)com>
To: "Riccardo Inverni" <riccardo(dot)inverni(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SCSI disk: still the way to go?
Date: 2006-05-31 07:16:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

3 weeks ago I install a PostgreSQL 8.1.3 server on Windows 2003 server standar edition.
The box is a NEC express5800 TM800 with 4 SATA/300 250 Gb 7200 rpm in RAID10 (0+1).
It works fine, faster than the old server ALTOS with SCSI-3 disks Ultra160 10000 rpm.
I upgraded to 8.1.4.
The embded RAID controler is based on an Intel chipset.
SATA seem convenient.

Luc