Re: [0.2] getting transactions to work

From: "bruce" <bedouglas(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: "'reiner peterke'" <zedaardv(at)drizzle(dot)com>, "'Rod K'" <rod(at)23net(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [0.2] getting transactions to work
Date: 2004-07-30 15:21:14
Lists: pgsql-php

if psgres works as mysql.... you should be able to do it...

but the issue appears to be that the connection you establish with the db in
one page, is not available once you shut the page down.

within mysql, there appears to be a mysqli group of functions that are setup
to accommodate transactions across multiple pages... i would imagine/hope
that the same sort of functionality is available for posgres....

i'm getting close to needing the same functionality with mysql, and i'm
betting/hoping like hell that what i've just described is how mysql/php
works...

-bruce