Re: Behavior of "at time zone"

From: Andrew Crouch <andrew(dot)crouch(at)ericsson(dot)com>
To: "adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com" <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Behavior of "at time zone"
Date: 2010-01-29 21:04:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for your reply. However, I still don't fully understand why SET TIMEZONE TO and AT TIME ZONE behave differently. Morever the /usr/share/pgsql/timezonesets/America.txt (POSIX) specifies the BRST timezone with a two hour negative offset. Unless I'm missing something the AT TIME ZONE construct is swapping the signs of the offset when specifying the timezone numerically.

Cheers,
Andrew