import/exporting files to a remote Client(needed very much)

From: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "postgre" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: import/exporting files to a remote Client(needed very much)
Date: 2005-12-15 09:53:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

hi.....

lo_import&lo_export is to import/export the files to UNIX path name.Am i right?

What i should do inorder to place the file in the local system path (whatever may be the OS like windows/Linux) where the application is running and connected to the remote server running on Linux OS.
pls help me in solving out the problem.........

-Sandhya