LIBPQ - FETCH INTO

From: "Michael GUIARD" <michael(at)nestor-tech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LIBPQ - FETCH INTO
Date: 2005-07-28 13:55:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi !

first, thank you Magnus for your help :)

the use of cursors and fetch commands works fine for me.
Is it possible to know the result length (rows count) before any retreive ?

Another thing, now I'd like to retreive the results, using FETCH command, into a structure. For example I ask for selecting 2 fields, instead of using PQgetvalue(res, i, j), I'd like to retreive all fields in a C structure.
I saw the FETCH INTO command, I tried to use it with the PQexecParams but I did not succeeded in.

Is it possible ? if yes how ?
thanks

Mike