Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command

From: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
Date: 2023-02-16 18:03:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 16.02.2023 00:37, David G. Johnston wrote:
> I mean, either you accept the change in how this meta-command presents
> its information or you don't.

Yes, that's the main issue of this patch.

On the one hand, it would be nice to see the membership options with the
psql command.

On the other hand, I don't have an exact understanding of how best to do
it. That's why I proposed a variant for discussion. It is quite possible
that if there is no consensus, it would be better to leave it as is, and
get information by queries to the system catalog.

-----
Pavel Luzanov