Re: postgresql amd-64

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Daniel Ceregatti" <daniel(at)omnis(dot)com>, "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql amd-64
Date: 2004-11-08 02:13:22
Lists: pgsql-performance

I'm hoping I'll have the opportunity to build a similar machine soon and am
wondering about the choice of 64 bit distributions.

Gentoo is obviously a possibility but I'm also condsidering Debian. There is
also a 64 compile of redhat sources somewhere around, but I can't remember
what they call it offhand.

If anyone has opinions about that, I'd be happy to hear.

regards
Iain