Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier

From: "Adam Lang" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier
Date: 2000-11-13 20:17:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I saw the light last week involving n-tier architecture. Had a week long VB
class. Which leads me to an important question.

Windows applications in a distributed architecture connect over RPC and
DCOM. How would I write a Windows application to access a Linux based
middle tier? So far the way I see it is a Windows application to a windows
server, which then connects to a linux based postgresql. Short of something
like FTP or waiting till XML comes around more, what options do I have to go
from a windows app to a non-windows server to postgresql on a *nix server?

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company