Re: Passing values to a plpgsql functions

From: "Dave Cramer" <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
To: "'Jose Luis LG'" <jlopezgonz(at)terra(dot)es>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Passing values to a plpgsql functions
Date: 2002-03-01 13:39:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Jose,

Postgres is slightly different than most databases in it's
implementation of functions. What you need to do is put the function in
a select as follows:

there is a builtin function called nextval('sequence') so you can "call"
nextval like this

select nextval('sequence_name')

Note: the single quotes are necessary and it will return a column
nextval in the resultset.

Dave