A problem with the nextval('') function

From: "Ray Daigle" <rdaigle(at)click2net(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A problem with the nextval('') function
Date: 2001-08-27 17:57:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I've been writing a VB application that uses 7.01.00.06 ODBC driver to
access a PostgresSQL database. Everything works OK until I try using the
'nextval' function. When I try to execute SELECT nextval('userid') ,
either from my application or from the Visual Data Manager tool, I get an
error that states: "The SELECT statment includes a reserved word or argumnet
name that is misspelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect. Number
3141".

The same query works fine on my database if I'm just using the standard UNIX
PostgreSQL client, it's only when I try to execute it through ODBC that I
get a problem.

Does anyone know if the 7.01.00.06 version of the psqlodbc drivers support
the nextval function in a SELECT query?

Thanks,

Ray Daigle
Technical Analyst