Re: fate of CLUSTER command ?

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Pgsql Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fate of CLUSTER command ?
Date: 2002-08-04 05:34:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yes, I have always liked CLUSTER with full text searches because you are
> usually hitting multiple rows with a single equaltiy restriction, and
> CLUSTER puts all the hits on the same page.
>
> If you look in contrib/fulltextindex, you will see mention of CLUSTER in
> the README. It may make sense to add that to your documentation.
>
> Also, is there any value to contrib/fulltextindex now that we have
> contrib/tsearch?

I haven't looked at tsearch yet, but I expect it's way better than
fulltextindex. However there's more than a few of us using fulltextindex,
so I think it will need to stay for some while. I'm working on a new
version of it for 7.3.

I can put pointers in the README about checking out tsearch...

Chris