Re: case insensitive search

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: "Joern Muehlencord" <jomu(at)uni-paderborn(dot)de>, "gpsql-sql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: case insensitive search
Date: 2000-07-03 19:46:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

SELECT whatever FROM wherever WHERE lower(yourfield) = 'this';

You can do it with a case inseneitive regex search but they can't use
indexes and can become very slow on large tables..

SELECT whatever FROM wherever WHERE yourfield ~* 'this';

lower() does leak a bit of memory from what I've heard on the list but I'm
sure someone is working on it..

-Mitch