Re: Online system & transactions

From: "Lada 'Ray' Lostak" <ray(at)unreal64(dot)net>
To: "Chris Browne" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Online system & transactions
Date: 2004-10-19 11:29:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

> You probably should look at the documentation for this.
>
> <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-begin.html>
>
> PostgreSQL supports _exactly_ this notion, in exactly the way you
> describe.
But this is normal 'transaction' - and I didn't find way, how can I 'store'
transaction to disc storage and 'reopen' later. So, begin/commin works
within ONE connection and doesn't help in my general problem. Or is there
some way to do that with normal transactions ?

My problem is that related data changes are done in 'longer' time - e.g.
hour or so (it take hour to change all datas together) and within various
database connections.

Thx
Best regards,
Lada 'Ray' Lostak
Unreal64 Develop group
http://www.orcave.com
http://www.unreal64.net

In the 1960s you needed the power of two C64s to get a rocket
to the moon. Now you need a machine which is a vast number
of times more powerful just to run the most popular GUI.